Monday 8 October 2012

Dead simple way to get mermaid hair


 This method is so simple it hardly needs explanation but I thought a little trick I use to get beautiful wavy mermaid hair without using heat or damaging your hair.
My hair is naturally very straight and does not style well at all. It won’t hold curls, even if I backcomb and unload a whole can of hairspray it will still be flat as Kate Moss’ tits in a couple hours time. The only way I have found my hair will ever do anything cool is if I style it when wet- and by style I mean tie it into a top-knot and leave my hair to kink and flick out when dry. 
I’ve been seeing this trend of ‘mermaid hair’ spamming my twitter and popping up all over tumblr etc so I finally caved in and decided I wanted to be like Ariel too. Decent crimpers are too expensive and I knew mini-curls just would not work. So I thought back to when I was a young-un and remembered when my mum used to put my hair in little plaits when wet before bed and I’d wake up in the morning, take them out and hair crimpled kinky locks. So last night I gave it a go after I washed out the hair dye.
The steps are crazy simple

All you will need is-
·         Comb
·         Wet hair
·         Thin strips of rag/material long enough to knot around your hair
·         An ability to plait
Comb through your hair to get rid of all the tangles. Then take sections of your hair and start plaiting. If you want bigger waves in your hair do bigger plaits, if you want smaller waves do smaller plaits. Tie the pieces of rag onto the ends of your plaits so they won’t fall out. That’s it.
Here’s what I looked like when all my hair was plaited:



And here is what I looked like in the morning after I took them out:




As I write this I am on the train back to uni and it has been about six and a half hours since I took the plaits out, and considering I didn’t use any hair spray and I got caught in the rain this morning I think it’s held up well. I’ll show you now (excuse the poor quality photo and the horrendousness of my face, I forgot I had makeup on and rubbed my eyes a minute ago!):



Now for the girl whose hair never keeps style this is quite an achievement.
I recommend this little hair experiment, let me know if you give it a go, Thanks for reading J.

No comments:

Post a Comment